Authentication of cell lines
Do you need to confirm cell or tissue identity? No problem. Cell line authentication will help you.
Authentication of human cell lines is based on DNA finger print analysis, which compares so-called “short tandem repeats” (STR), segments of genomic DNA of the tested cell line, with identical segments of a cell line with a confirmed identity. STR profiles for many of cell lines are published in reviewed databases.
This method enables to detect contamination by another human line. It also makes it possible to compare the tested line with the original sample, which will show that the line was not subject to any change throughout the time.
For detection of contamination by lines other than human, other methods are used.
Cell identity confirmatio
For quality control
- You work with cells of described characteristics, and your results are thus comparable with the results obtained from different teams around the world working on the same cell line.
- There are no mistakes, and you have truly your required cell line (for production, seeding, testing, etc.)
- For ex-vivo manipulation of patient samples, it is necessary to confirm that you get back the right cell originated from the treated patient.
- No changes in DNA caused due to passage number
- Longer cultivation of a cell could cause changes in DNA, which could influence the behavior of cells and affect results.
- No contamination
- To detect contamination of different cell line (mixture of cell lines).